It’s best to know all about dental emergencies so you can properly handle them when you experience one. This can also help you keep a calm, relaxed manner, which can help you and your smile in more ways than you might realize. So, our dentist, Dr. Dr. Alexis LaRose, would like to test what you know about dental emergencies by encouraging you to take the following dental emergency test. We hope you learn something new!
1. If you knock a tooth out of place, it’s important to keep it alive. You can do so by:
A. Placing it in a cup of milk
B. Placing it between your cheek and gums
C. Placing it in a tooth-preservation product
D. Any of the above
2. True or False: If you knock a tooth out of place, it’s very important to schedule an emergency appointment immediately.
3. True or False: If you break a tooth, it’s best to collect the pieces and schedule an appointment.
4. True or False: If you suffer extreme dental pain, just take over-the-counter painkillers, ice the jaw and ignore it.
5. True or False: If you have a loose tooth, it’s important to schedule an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible.
4. False (You should schedule an appointment quickly)
Do you have any questions about dental emergencies in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho? If so, please contact Kootenai Family Dental when you have the chance. All you need to do is dial 208-664-8283 and our dental team will be happy to give you the answers and information you’re looking for!