Brushing your teeth often requires making sure you are taking the necessary steps to adequately clean all areas and sides of a tooth. However, a toothbrush will not be able to clean between teeth, so an alternative interdental cleaner will be needed. When selecting your toothbrush, always make sure you have the proper tools and are using the proper techniques to adequately do the job intended for it, including the following:
– Always make sure you are visiting your dentist for routine examinations and bi-annual professional cleanings.
– When brushing your teeth, focus on brushing for 2 to 3 minutes each session at least twice every day.
– You should always hold your brush at a 45-degree angle to make sure you can adequately clean your teeth. However, when you’re brushing your front teeth, turn the brush vertical.
– Always use soft, gentle strokes to avoid further dental abrasion.
– Don’t forget to brush your tongue as well, is it can often harbor bacteria.
– Brushing cannot clean between teeth so you also need to use an interdental cleaning tool to reach areas that brushing cannot.
– Never brush after meals, as your teeth are extra sensitive at this time. Instead, try using mouthwash or sugarless chewing gum to rinse away debris.
Are you in need of a dentist in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho? Dr. Alexis LaRose at Kootenai Family Dental wants to make sure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are interested in a smile makeover treatment, please get in touch with our dentist office by calling us at 208-966-6054.